One of the best ways to make sure you maximize your time during this upcoming summer season is by setting some goals for it. The summer is a great time to set goals for a better life. Whether it be exercising more, eating healthier, or spending more time with family and friends, there are many things that you can do this summer to improve your life! In this blog-post we will look at some of the best summer goals to make your summer amazing…
- Exercise: Get your workout on and challenge yourself! One of the best ways to stay healthy throughout summer is by exercising. Whether it’s running, biking, or playing sports – get outside and be active this summer!
- Eat Healthy: Do you have a favorite way to eat healthier over the summer? Maybe be adventurous and try out some new recipes, or maybe you can make substitutions in your everyday cooking to cut back on the fat.
- Spend Time with Family and Friends: Don’t forget about spending time with family and friends this summer! One of the best things we get from vacations is a chance to spend quality time together, so take advantage while it lasts.
- Take a Road Trip: Take a road trip to somewhere you’ve never been! Whether it’s to a new city or state, summer road trips are always great for expanding your horizons.
- Plan What You Want Next Year: Summer is also a time when people reflect on what they want out of life next year. Spend some time planning summer goals for living better so you know exactly where you’re headed through all of summer 2022.
- Cross Something Off Your Bucket List: Conquer one of your larger items like traveling cross country or maybe even diving with sharks. Get out your Bucket List and get ready for an adventure! Don’t have a bucket list, thats ok check out some ideas here at Bucketlist Journeys.
- Plan an Event: Plan some activities for the whole family and even invite some friends as well! You can plan some activities such as backyard games like cornhole, frisbee, or how about a water balloon fight? Make a day of it and finish it off with an outdoor movie and snacks or sitting around a nice firepit and reflecting on the memories made.
- Go to an Amusement Park: The summer is the perfect time for roller coasters and other rides. Check the map for the best amusement park near you and go out with your friends and enjoy some thrills this summer! This is one of my favorite summer goals, I might go to Busch Gardens this summer!
- Foster Creativity: Take on projects such as painting landscapes (or people if you’re feeling extra brave!) drawing birds from memory or simply sewing up clothes for everyone in the house. You can also try learning how to play guitar while summer vacation lasts – it will keep boredom at bay until school starts.
- Make a Positive Change in Your Life: The Summer season is the perfect opportunity for new beginnings. Maybe you want to start waking up earlier so you can enjoy the quiet time before the sun comes up and everyone with it or maybe you’ve noticed you living space is in desperate need of cleaning and organization to help simplify your life.
- Try a Technology Freeze: This summer, try a 24 hour technology freeze. It’s time to ditch digital technology for 24 hours and enjoy all this world has to offer, whether that be exploring nature, meeting new people, or just interacting with current family and friends.
- Go To a Farmers Market: This summer visit a local farmers market and get the freshest ingredients for your new healthy eating plan. Plus, you’ll get to talk to the people that work the market and hear their stories.
- Take a Hike: You don’t need to be an experienced hiker to enjoy summer’s beauty in all it has offer. Take yourself on a hike up a mountain or even just through your local park with some friends for some great summer exercise!
- Go Fishing: Grab a couple of your close buds and go fishing during summer. You’ll have a great time chatting and catching up. The best part is you get to eat delicious fish for dinner!
- Build Something New: Take this summer as a chance to start fresh by building something new such as a birdhouse or maybe you need a place for storage and you can build yourself that new shed you’ve been wanting!
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone: At summer’s end, reflect on how you’ve progressed during the summer. Were there any tasks or goals that made you uncomfortable? Awesome! You’re overcoming some of your fears and stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Create a Time Capsule: This time capsule with mark a very unique point in history for you. Creating a time capsule of all the things that represent this past year for you, whether it’s a favorite book that you’ve read through multiple times or your collection of novelty face masks from the pandemic.
- Go to a Wine Tasting: You don’t have to be an expert in the wine-making process. Get out there and try some new wines, meet other people with similar interests, or develop your palate so that you can better articulate what you like about a specific type of wine. Check out our blog post 5 Exciting Kid Friendly Wineries to Visit in the US !
- Start Your Own Recipe Book: Review all of the summer recipes that were made this past summer; take pictures if necessary so we have documentation for next year’s summer cooking! Write down any favorites at the front pages and get ready to use them again once summer rolls around next year.
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt: Gather up friends for an awesome scavenger hunt through your town or city – it’ll test your creativity while giving everyone something fun to do as they explore their surroundings.
Final Thoughts on Summer Goals for a Better Life
It doesn’t matter what summer goals you make for yourself, as long as they’re fun and sometimes healthy. Whether its trying something new or just relaxing with friends and family, summer goals should always be about enjoying life!